Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Slacker

It would appear that I'm not such a good blogger. Unless once a month blogs are normal... A little bit has has happened since I last posted. I was able to go back and visit John Brookfield, the father of Battling Ropes. He was kind enough to let me play with the ropes once again. That was fun in a sick, twisted sort of way. He's a great guy. If you're ever able to check him out, you should.

May 1st was my birthday. I'm getting old. I got to hang out with Geoff Neupert. Another great guy. Smart too. I gained 10 lbs of muscle following his training protocol. That was cool.

One of the coolest things that has happened is that I figured out wearing sunglasses causes my hamstrings to shut off. Yes, I know that sounds as crazy as it looks, but for me, its true. Since I've stopped wearing shades, my hamstrings are firing and I am finally able to sprint again without pain. Also, my workouts are going very well; no pain. Sunglasses, who knew? Learning is fun.

I also bought some vibram 5 fingers. I wanted to be like all the other cool kids. They get attention. Kinda comfy though... That's about all that has happened in the last month. For now, as far as training goes, i'm playing with double kettlebells and practicing the bent press, pistols and TGU's. I've also started sprinting twice a week. I love doing that, especially when it doesn't hurt.

No comments: