Monday, May 17, 2010

Lean and Mean

About 17 weeks ago I set out on a new training adventure. Actually, I set out to test my limits; again. I decided to try Geoff Neupert's Kettlebell Burn program. This a program designed to burn fat. When I started the program, I weighed 168 and I was already at 6% bodyfat. So, honestly, I didn't really expect much of a change. But I do enjoy a challenge. Anyway, by the end of the program, and all the way through it, I was amazed. Now I am down to 163 lbs and I have 3.8% bodyfat! I have muscles that have muscles! Geoff's program rocks!


Losing the bodyfat was awesome, but what was even more amazing is that my strength sky rocketed. By the end of Geoff's program, I was snatching 32kg over my head 63 times per arm in 15 minutes. That's 126 times! That's almost half my own bodyweight being snatched over my head in ONE arm 126 times! Not only that, I was doing 20 turkish getups with the 32kg in 10 minutes! My body feels so solid and strong; it is an amazing feeling. 


So, between 4 to 5 lbs of bodyfat and got stronger. Not only did I get stronger, but I legitimately PR'd every single time I trained. By that, I mean that I consistently achieved more reps every single time I trained. That is freakin' amazing. How was I able to do that? Simple; solid program design. Geoff's Kettlebell Burn is brilliantly laid out. He is a genius when it comes to program design. I never had to test my range of motion, I never worried that I shouldn't be doing a particular exercise. I trained. I followed Geoff's program. I got stronger - everyday. I got leaner. I got results. Period.


Thanks for stopping by!


Tim



No comments: