Monday, August 22, 2011

A Good Weekend

Saturday morning started out with a fun play session, one that I'll have to repeat soon. I had no idea what I was going to do until I got started. That is the fun of a play session though, you get to be creative. I'll try to lay it out as descriptive as I can:

Cross-crawls in the spider-man crawling position. So, I was on all fours, hands and feet, and I touched opposite elbow to opposite knee for 10 minutes without rest. I guess both my brain hemispheres should have been communicating fairly well between themselves when I was done!

After that, I played with the Battling Ropes pole pull system. I basically just got on my knees, or the tall kneeling position, and pulled 1300 foot of rope that was wrapped around a pole. A had a 50 foot rope, so I had to rewrap it quite a few times. My goal was 1/4 of a mile or rope. This took about 12 minutes.

The fun part of the workout, the part I really enjoyed, was performing 20 pushups and launching into a 60 yard sprint. I did this 7 times and I really enjoyed it.

When I got home, I finished an article for Interesting Times Magazine. It's a pretty cool magazine if you have never checked it out. http://interestingtimesmagazine.com/  Hopefully the article will be in the September issue.

Yesterday, Sunday, the message at my church was resting on the Sabbath. My preacher said that the Sabbath was made for man. That we should take time to rest and be close to God. To free ourselves from our busy-ness. So, heading the message, I took yesterday off and had a cookout with friends. I even took a nap! Regardless of what your religious views might be, there is wisdom in resting. And, since their is wisdom in resting, I can only conclude that I am not always wise. As much as I enjoy training and playing, It felt good to rest.


Have a great one!

No comments: