Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Heavier Day

Today was my heavy day for training. Heavy being relative to me of course... Anyway I'm on a different block of training for two weeks. The block training has been my favorite nugget from Return of the Kettlebell. The only thing I don't change or switch every two weeks are my Get-ups. I'm making those my skill to "master." Again, I'm just aiming high here. I may never "master" the Get-up but I'll be able to do it pretty darn well.

Here is today's training:
TGU w/ 32kg: 7/7
TGU w/ 36kg: 1/1
Dbl BUC to Squat w/ 2*24kgs: 5 x 4 sets
Dbl Cleans w/ 2*24kgs: 10 x 4 sets => w/ 2*32kgs: 10
1/2 Kneeling Waiters Press w/ 32kg: 3/3, 4/4, 4/4, 4/4
SLDL w/ 32kg: 5/5 x 4

All in all, i felt pretty good. By the time I got to the get-up with the 36kg bell, It felt pretty heavy. I tried the Dbl cleans with 2*32kgs just to see what it would feel like. Pavel says until you can do Dbl Cleans 10 times with a pair of kbells, you're not ready to go up in weight. Well, I did it, but I have no idea what I'm ready to go up in weight for!

Have a great weekend.

No comments: