Saturday, June 16, 2007

Who knew?

I've been training (myself) for 17 years. Religiously. I'm competitive. The world would stop if I missed a day. I was obsessive about it. All those years I trained because I felt I had to, not wanted to, but had to. I really didn't enjoy it; it was just something I did.

Then came kettlebells.... I found these beautiful round cannonballs about 4 years ago, and I've been in love ever sense. I LOVE to train. I look forward to it. Now I train because I want to. If you haven't tried them, you should. Get some and take 'em for a swing. Training can be fun.

Today
TGU w/ 32kg --> 2/2, 2/2, 2/2, 2/2, 2/2
2H swings w/ 32kg --> 20, 20, 15, 15, 15, 15
2H swings w/ 40kg --> 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
2H swings w/ 16, 24, 32kg --> 10/10/10, 10/10/10

Feels good.

4 comments:

Taikei Matsushita said...

Alright ! Tim's got a blog.
I've got a picture from our RKC.
http://home.att.ne.jp/air/strategic/pict/DSC00053.JPG

Unknown said...

Taikei, Thanks for the pic. I appreciate it. Hope things are going well.

hannah said...

Timothy:

How old were you when you began training?

When you say competitive, do you mean inward or outward? Do you compete now? I want to be religious about it, too.

I don't like lifting weights anymore, either. My body does not feel good. I've been having aches and pains for @ 11 years.

What is beautiful about the kettle bell? Is it a guy or girl thing?
If it's fun will it get me feeling as beautiful as one?

Hana

Unknown said...

Hannah,

I was 13. I'm competitive inwardly, and yes, I compete now - with myself.

We're not on dissimilar paths. That's why I can easily relate to you.

The kbell is beautiful because it help set a person free from the traditional dogma of fitness training. And no, it's not gender discriminating. It is fun, and you're already beautiful.

Hope you're feeling better. But, if you're not, you will soon.

Tim