Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter makes training worth while

Easter is a celebration of Jesus' death AND resurrection. If this had never happened, there would be no reason to train, or no reason for exercise. What would be the point? There would be no hope for anything beyond this life here on Earth. Sure, you could try to stay healthy for your short time here, but still, that would be a pretty futile effort. If there were nothing more than this life, why bother with anything?

Can you imagine how dark this world would really be if it were not for the life of Jesus? His light has made the world a better place. Like it or not, believe it or not. Jesus' life has changed the course of the world for the better. Imagine a world without smiling people. Imagine a world without a Christmas. Imagine a world where no one regarded life as being precious. You have hope because of Jesus.

Easter is hope. Easter is the celebration of hope, of something so much more and wonderful than life here on this Earth. Jesus gives hope to the world. Whether you are a Christian or not, you have been given hope because of what Jesus did. He came for you. He died for you. He fought for you. He rose for you. He lives for you. He intercedes for you. It was, and is, all for you. We have hope. We have everlasting life, at least it is offered to us. We have to take it.

Anyway, there is so much more to this life than just being here for a short time. If that were not so, there really would be no reason to train. You may be thinking, why train anyway then? Well, you were created to be healthy. You were created to be wonderful, to be amazing. To not try to be wonderful, would be a shame. To not be healthy and enjoy your life would be sad. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. So be wonderful. ;)

Just so you know, when I started this blog 6 years ago, it was originally intended as a blog about training and movement. But this life is short, and I want to be as wonderful as I can be. If I can bless God a couple of times a year on my blog, then thats what I want to do. I really hope you don't mind. But the deal is that everything I have been given is a gift from God. My life, my health, my family, my freedom, and my salvation. It all came from Him. I am because He is. So, I can lift heavy things and / or climb trees because God made me. I think that is cool.


_______________________________________________________________________________________________


Okay, so lets talk training then. I'm at the beach with my family to celebrate Easter. Yesterday I ran for 15 minutes and spider-man crawled for 15 minutes in the sand. I have done this a few times before, but the shifting sand was a nice new variable. I was a little tired after that.

I hope you have had a great week and an aswesome Easter.

Take care,

Tim

No comments: