Thursday, August 16, 2007

I Am Random

Been reading and studying my RKC manual some today. Trying to prepare for another workshop that I am doing on Saturday. It's good to go back and re-read, re-think, and remind myself of things I already know, did know, maybe forgot, and maybe took for granted. It's amazing some of the little details that I forget. The learning process never stops. If it does, you're dead in the water. I know I could read this manual 1000 times, and though I pretty much know it from cover to cover, I would learn something everytime.

Today I read about cleans and presses. (setting myself up for when i start doing them again, I guess) They seem simple enough, but they are so not simple. Take the press for instance, you could grab the bell and simply press it up with your arm. OR, you could crush grip the bell, brace yourself, tighten and contract every muscle in your body that you are cognitively aware of and wedge yourself between the bell and the ground. Whole body; one solid muscle. Wow..........

Anyways, I'll be teaching presses this weekend. Could you guess?

Today, real simple workout:
A1-Pistols w/ 16kg
3/3 x 6 sets
A2-Handstand Pushups on blocks
4 x 6 sets
B1-Resilient elbow press w/16kg
8 x 3 sets
B2-Windmills w/ 24kg
3/3 x 4 sets

Felt great and fresh as a daisy.

2 comments:

Franz Snideman said...

Tim, I'll touch base with you early next week.

Be well my friend!

Unknown said...

Franz, Have a good weekend.