Sunday, January 20, 2008

What can you do with a kettlebell?

I think ONE of the reasons I love the kettlebell so much is that it is so versatile. You can almost do anything with it as far as training is concerned. Work your entire body from head to toe, from any angle, anywhere. It's just an awesome tool for developing a real body that is ready for whatever tomorrow may throw at you.

Today, I played a little bit while I was training. Well, I trained the same as usual, but different. I was actually just practicing. No other goal other than to practice my form. Something I should always do, but lose sight of...

A1- Pistols w/ 16kg: 3/3, 3/3, 3/3
A2- Waiter's Press w/ 24kg: 5/5, 5/5, 5/5
A3- Pull-ups w/ 16kg: 4, 4, 4
Hardstyle swings w/ 16kg: 10/10 x 5 sets
Clean and Jerks w/ 16kg: 5/5 x 5 sets
Chest Opening Windmill w/ 24kg: 3/3 x 4 sets
Z before, Z after

Felt good, movements were good, focus was good.

That is good.

5 comments:

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

Practice, if I could only convince clients that a session doesn't have to leave your ass dragging to be effective the world would be a happier place.

Unknown said...

Doug, good point. Or, "you mean I don't have to work out for an hour?" That's sometimes hard to explain too. Oh, how's the beach?

Doug Nepodal Sr. RKC said...

Great!

Franz Snideman said...

Nice to see you doing some pistols!

Keep it up brother!

Unknown said...

Franz, good to hear from you. How's the new family?